Wednesday 8 September 2010

Wednesday september 7th

I am still feeling like I've been crapped on from a height.
Yesterday I went with mum up to the dole office to try and find out why the state hasn't been paying me.
the people who work there treat their clients like something they've trod in. I've actually losy count of the number of thinly veiled insults hurled at me. (at one recent appointment, my so-called advisor said" What you going to to do when you're finished here?Go back home to bed?")
When mum and I got there, we were told to go and wait upstairs. They made a complete mockery of my predicament by not telling what was going on or what was being done to fix things( I suspect nothing has been done) No apologies, No information and I have no idea as to where I stand.
Today, I got a phone call from ingeus saying that they were doing another walkabout at a shopping centre
near their office and asked if I would come along.
When you start claiming benefits as I have to, you can't afford to turn down this kind of offer.
when you first make your claim, you are made to sign a legally binding agreement stating that you'll do anything and everything to find any kind of job. I coudn't say no, as I'm contractually obliged to attend.
so I got on the bus and took the hour long journey from my flat to their office where we were supposed to meet, but I ended up late and missed the departure so the receptionist told me where they'd headed and I went off to catch up. I only managed to find one of the damn group and that was the lady who was fuckin'
leading it. I ended up conducting my own little walkabout instead and managed to hand out a few copies of my CV to various stores in the centre (the westfield shopping centre)
Tired, bored and reeking of sweat from all the walking and talking I done, I called it a day after about one and a half hours. (some guy has just finished having a shouting match with his advisor as I write!)

No comments:

Post a Comment